12 Career Ready Practices
Communicate Clearly, Effectively, and with Reason
Career-ready individuals communicate thoughts, ideas, and action plans with clarity, whether using written, verbal, and/or visual methods. They communicate in the workplace with clarity and purpose to make maximum use of their own and others’ time. They are excellent writers; they master conventions, word choice and organization and use effective tone and presentation skills to articulate ideas. They are skilled at interacting with others; they are active listeners and speak clearly and with purpose. Career-ready individuals think about the audience for their communication and prepare accordingly to ensure the desired outcome.
- CRP-HS.04.01: Communicating well
- CRP-HS.04.02: Communicating through presentation
- CRP-HS.04.03: Communicating new ideas
- CRP-HS.04.04: Timely listening/speaking
- CRP-HS.04.05: Listening well
- CRP-HS.04.06: Communicating w/ tech.
- CRP-HS.04.07: Communicating through written form