Skip to main content
Print this chapter
BPS District Computer Science and Cybersecurity Standards Book
K-12 Grade Levels
High School Extension
Computer Science and Cybersecurity Standards
CSC Standards Glossary Template
Network & Internet
- Networks link computers and devices locally and around the world allowing people to access and communicate information.
Hardware & Software
- Devices, hardware, and software work together as a system to accomplish tasks..
- Strategies for solving technology system problems.
Problem Solving & Algorithms
- Strategies for understanding and solving problems.
Data Creation & Analysis
- Data can be collected, used, and presented with computing devices or digital tools.
Development & Design
- Design processes to create new, useful, and imaginative solutions to problems.
- Effective search strategies can locate information for intellectual or creative pursuits.
- Information sources can be evaluated for accuracy, currency, appropriateness, and purpose.
- It is important to both consume and produce information to be digitally literate.
- Respect for the rights and obligations of using and sharing intellectual property.
Computers in Society
Impacts of Computing
- Past, present, and possible future impact of technology on society.
- Technology facilitates collaboration with others.
Safety & Ethics
- There are both positive and negative impacts in social and ethical behaviors for using technology.
- Respect and dignity in virtual communities.
- Responsibilities and opportunities of living, learning and working in an interconnected digital world.