BPS District Social Studies Standards Book
K-12 Grade Bands
- Global Studies
SST101-SST102: Global Studies
Grade Placement: 9..........1 credit.......... Full year
This is a required course of study for 9th grade. It is a study of the history, geography and culture of the Eastern Hemisphere nations. It is an explanation of recent historical events and how those events apply to world conditions today. Political
and economic systems, as well as religious and cultural similarities and differences are part of the course of study.
SST-06.WH_a Anchor Standards
- SST-HS.WH_a.01 Analyze historical achievements related to science and technology.
- SST-HS.WH_a.02 Explain historical changes related to religions and ideologies.
- SST-HS.WH_a.03 Analyze the effects of different political systems on people.
- SST-HS.WH_a.04 Analyze the influence of social, cultural, and economic developments on individuals.
- SST-HS.WH_a.05 Analyze causes and effects of global events in the past using primary and/or secondary sources.
- SST-HS.WH_a.06 Explain how past events connect to the present.
- SST-HS.WH_e2.b1 Explain the causes and effects of Medieval social structures using primary and secondary sources.
- SST-HS.WH_e2.b2 Explain how the relationship between religious and political bodies impacted the social, cultural, or economic developments of individuals.
- SST-HS.WH_e2.b3 Explain the emergence of cultural interaction between Europe and other civilizations.
SST-HS.WH_e3.b Era 3: Age of Revolutions
- SST-HS.WH_e3.b1 Explain the causes and global effects of religious division.
- SST-HS.WH_e3.b2 Explain the global connections developed during this era because of exploration.
- SST-HS.WH_e3.b3 Examine and explain the influence of revolutions on social and political aspects of individuals' lives.
- SST-HS.WH_e3.b4 Explain advancements related to science and technology and the global impact of these advancements.