BPS District Mathematics Standards Book
Math Learning Progressions
--> Number and Operations - Fractions
MAT-03.NF Domain: [NF] Number and Operations Fractions
Develop understanding of fractions as numbers.
MAT-04.NF Domain: [NF] Number and Operations Fractions
Extend understanding of fraction equivalence and ordering.
- MAT-04.NF.01 Explain why a fraction A/B is equivalent to a fraction (n x A)/(n x B)
- MAT-04.NF.02 Compare fractions (unlike numerators and denominators)
- MAT-04.NF.03 Understands a fraction is the sum of smaller fractions
- MAT-04.NF.04 multiply a fraction by a whole number
- MAT-04.NF.05 Express equivalent fractions with denominators of 10 and 100
- MAT-04.NF.06 Use decimal notation for fractions with denominators 10 or 100
- MAT-04.NF.07 Compare two decimals to hundredths by reasoning about their size
MAT-05.NF Domain: [NF] Number and Operations Fractions
Use equivalent fractions as a strategy to add and subtract fractions
Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and div
- MAT-05.NF.03 Interpret a fraction as division of the numerator by the denominator
- MAT-05.NF.04 Multiply a fraction or whole number by a fraction.
- MAT-05.NF.05 Interpret multiplication as scaling
- MAT-05.NF.06 Solve real world problems by multiplying fractions and mixed numbers
- MAT-05.NF.07 divide using unit fractions and whole numbers