BPS District Social Studies Standards Book
K-12 Grade Levels
2nd Grade Social Studies
"I can ... statements"
In 2nd grade, your child will be studying about their community. A high-quality Social Studies program is essential for all students. It provides a foundation for intelligent and precise thinking. Social Studies should also prepare every student to contribute to society as an informed citizen. To be a responsible and productive member of today’s society, a student needs to have a broad, connected, and useful knowledge of Social Studies.
SST-02.1 Standard 1:
SST-02.2 Standard 2:
- SST-02.2.01 Compare individual family histories
- SST-02.2.02 Define chronological terms for broad categories of historical time
- SST-02.2.03 Identify historic United States figures and their contributions
- SST-02.2.04 Describe the exchange of ideas, culture, and goods between the Native Americans and the white settlers
SST-02.3 Standard 3:
SST-02.4 Standard 4:
SST-02.5 Standard 5:
- SST-02.5.01 Identify North America, South America, the United States, Mexico, Canada, Atlantic Ocean and Pacific Ocean on a map or globe
SST-02.6 Standard 6: