BPS Music Standards Book
K-8 General Music
Young children arrive in First Grade with widely varying knowledge in ....
1st Grade Music "I can ... statements"
- MUS-01.Cr.01: Anchor Standard 1 - Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work
- MUS-01.Cr.02: Anchor Standard 2 - Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
- MUS-01.Cr.03: Anchor Standard 3 - Evaluate, refine and complete artistic work.
- MUS-01.Cr.03.1a: With limited guidance, discuss and apply personal, peer, and teacher feedback to refine personal musical ideas.
- MUS-01.Cr.03.2a: With limited guidance, convey expressive intent for a specific purpose by presenting a final version of personal musical ideas to peers or informal audience.
- MUS-01.Pr.04: Anchor Standard 4 - Select artistic work for presentation
- MUS-01.Pr.04.1a: With limited guidance, demonstrate and discuss personal interest in, knowledge about, and purpose of varied musical selections.
- MUS-01.Pr.04.2: Analyze artistic work for presentation
- MUS-01.Pr.04.2a: With limited guidance, demonstrate knowledge of music concepts (such as beat and melodic contour) in music from a variety of cultures selected for performance.
- MUS-01.Pr.04.2b: When analyzing selected music, read and perform rhythmic patterns using iconic or standard notation.
- MUS-01.Pr.04.3: Interpret artistic work for presentation
- MUS-01.Pr.04.3a: Demonstrate and describe music's expressive qualities (such as dynamics and tempo).
- MUS-01.Pr.05: Anchor Standard 5 - Develop and refine artistic techniques and work for presentation.
- MUS-01.Pr.06: Anchor Standard 6 - Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work.
- MUS-01.Re.07: Anchor Standard 7 - Perceive and analyze artistic work
- MUS-01.Re.07.1a: With limited guidance, identify and demonstrate how personal interests and experiences influence musical selection for specific purposes.
- MUS-01.Re.07.2a: With limited guidance, demonstrate and identify how specific music concepts (such as beat or pitch) are used in various styles of music for a purpose.
- MUS-01.Re.08: Anchor Standard 8 - Interpret intent and meaning in artistic work
- MUS-01.Re.08.1a: With limited guidance, demonstrate and identify expressive qualities (such as dynamics and tempo) that reflect creators'/ performers' expressive intent.
- MUS-01.Re.09: Anchor Standard 9 - Apply criteria to evaluate artistic work.
- MUS-01.Re.09.1a: With limited guidance, apply personal and expressive preferences in the evaluation of music for specific purposes.
- MUS-01.Cn.10: Anchor Standard 10 - Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art.
- MUS-01.Cn.10.1a: Demonstrate how interests, knowledge, and skills relate to personal choices and intent when creating, performing, and responding to music.
- MUS-01.Cn.11: Anchor Standard 11 - Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural, and historical context to deepen understanding
- MUS-01.Cn.11.1a: Demonstrate understanding of relationships between music and the other arts, other disciplines, varied contexts, and daily life.