BPS Music Standards Book
K-8 General Music
Young children arrive in Fifth Grade with widely varying knowledge in ....
5th Grade Music "I can ... statements"
MUS-05.Cr - Creating
- MUS-05.Cr.01: Anchor Standard 1 - Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work
- MUS-05.Cr.01.1a: Improvise rhythmic, melodic, and harmonic ideas, and explain connection to specific purpose and context (such as social, cultural, and historical ).
- MUS-05.Cr.01.1b: Generate musical ideas (such as rhythms, melodies, and accompaniment patterns) within specific related tonalities, meters, and simple chord changes.
- MUS-05.Cr.02: Anchor Standard 2 - Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
- MUS-05.Cr.02.1a: Demonstrate selected and develop ed musical ideas for improvisations, arrangements, or compositions to express intent, and explain connection to purpose and context.
- MUS-05.Cr.02.1b: Use standard and/or iconic notation and/or recording technology to document personal rhythmic, melodic, and two-chord harmonic musical ideas.
- MUS-05.Cr.03: Anchor Standard 3 - Evaluate, refine and complete artistic work.
- MUS-05.Cr.03.1a: Evaluate, refine, and document revisions to personal music, applying teacher-provided and collaboratively-developed criteria and feedback, and explain rationale for changes.
- MUS-05.Cr.03.2a: Present the final version of personal created music to others that demonstrates craftsmanship, and explain connection to expressive intent.
MUS-05.Pr - Performing
- MUS-05.Pr.04: Anchor Standard 4 - Select artistic work for presentation
- MUS-05.Pr.04.1a: Demonstrate and explain how the selection of music to perform is influenced by personal interest, knowledge, and context, as well as their personal and others' technical skill.
- MUS-05.Pr.04.2a: Demonstrate understanding of the structure and the elements of music (such as rhythm, pitch, form, and harmony) in music selected for performance.
- MUS-05.Pr.04.2b: When analyzing selected music, read and perform using standard notation.
- MUS-05.Pr.04.2c: Explain how context (such as social, cultural, and historical) informs performances.
- MUS-05.Pr.04.3a: Demonstrate and explain how intent is conveyed through interpretive decisions and expressive qualities (such as dynamics, tempo, timbre, and articulation/style).
- MUS-05.Pr.05: Anchor Standard 5 - Develop and refine artistic techniques and work for presentation.
- MUS-05.Pr.06: Anchor Standard 6 - Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work.?
MUS-05.Re - Responding
- MUS-05.Re.07: Anchor Standard 7 - Perceive and analyze artistic work
- MUS-05.Re.07.1a: Demonstrate and explain, citing evidence, how selected music connects to and is influenced by specific interests, experiences, purposes, or contexts.
- MUS-05.Re.07.2a: Demonstrate and explain, citing evidence, how responses to music are informed by the structure, the use of the elements of music, and context (such as social, cultural, and historical).
- MUS-05.Re.08: Anchor Standard 8 - Interpret intent and meaning in artistic work
- MUS-05.Re.08.1a: Demonstrate and explain how the expressive qualities (such as dynamics, tempo, timbre, and articulation) are used in performers' and personal interpretations to reflect expressive intent.
- MUS-05.Re.09: Anchor Standard 9 - Apply criteria to evaluate artistic work.
- MUS-05.Re.09.1a: Evaluate musical works and performances, applying established criteria, and explain appropriateness to the context, citing evidence from the elements of music.
- MUS-05.Cn.10: Anchor Standard 10 - Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art.
- MUS-05.Cn.10.1a: Demonstrate how interests, knowledge, and skills relate to personal choices and intent when creating, performing, and responding to music.
- MUS-05.Cn.11: Anchor Standard 11 - Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural, and historical context to deepen understanding
- MUS-05.Cn.11.1a: Demonstrate understanding of relationships between music and the other arts, other disciplines, varied contexts, and daily life.