BPS Music Standards Book
K-8 General Music
Young children arrive in Second Grade with widely varying knowledge in ....
2nd Grade Music "I can ... statements"
MUS-02.Cr - Creating
- MUS-02.Cr.01: Anchor Standard 1 - Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work
- MUS-02.Cr.02: Anchor Standard 2 - Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
- MUS-02.Cr.03: Anchor Standard 3 - Evaluate, refine and complete artistic work.
MUS-02.Pr - Performing
- MUS-02.Pr.04: Anchor Standard 4 - Select artistic work for presentation
- MUS-02.Pr.04.1a: Demonstrate and explain personal interest in, knowledge about, and purpose of varied musical selections.
- MUS-02.Pr.04.2a: Demonstrate knowledge of music concepts (such as tonality and meter) in music from a variety of cultures selected for performance.
- MUS-02.Pr.04.2b: When analyzing selected music, read and perform rhythmic and melodic patterns using iconic or standard notation.
- MUS-02.Pr.04.3a: Demonstrate understanding of expressive qualities (such as dynamics and tempo) and how creators use them to convey expressive intent.
- MUS-02.Pr.05: Anchor Standard 5 - Develop and refine artistic techniques and work for presentation.
- MUS-02.Pr.06: Anchor Standard 6 - Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work.?
MUS-02.Re - Responding
- MUS-02.Re.07: Anchor Standard 7 - Perceive and analyze artistic work
- MUS-02.Re.08: Anchor Standard 8 - Interpret intent and meaning in artistic work
- MUS-02.Re.08.1a: Demonstrate knowledge of music concepts and how they support creators'/ performers' expressive intent.
- MUS-02.Re.09: Anchor Standard 9 - Apply criteria to evaluate artistic work.
- MUS-02.Re.09.1a: Apply personal and expressive preferences in the evaluation of music for specific purposes.
- MUS-02.Cn.10: Anchor Standard 10 - Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art.
- MUS-02.Cn.10.1a: Demonstrate how interests, knowledge, and skills relate to personal choices and intent when creating, performing, and responding to music.
- MUS-02.Cn.11: Anchor Standard 11 - Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural, and historical context to deepen understanding
- MUS-02.Cn.11.1a: Demonstrate understanding of relationships between music and the other arts, other disciplines, varied contexts, and daily life.