BPS Music Standards Book
K-8 General Music
Young children arrive in Third Grade with widely varying knowledge in ....
3rd Grade Music "I can ... statements"
- MUS-03.Cr.01: Anchor Standard 1 - Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work
- MUS-03.Cr.02: Anchor Standard 2 - Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
- MUS-03.Cr.02.1a: Demonstrate selected musical ideas for a simple improvisation or composition to express intent , and describe connection to a specific purpose and context .
- MUS-03.Cr.02.1b: Use standard and/or iconic notation and/or recording technology to document personal rhythmic and melodic musical ideas.
- MUS-03.Cr.03: Anchor Standard 3 - Evaluate, refine and complete artistic work.
- MUS-03.Pr.04: Anchor Standard 4 - Select artistic work for presentation
- MUS-03.Pr.04.1a: Demonstrate and explain how the selection of music to perform is influenced by personal interest, knowledge, purpose, and context.
- MUS-03.Pr.04.2a: Demonstrate understanding of the structure in music selected for performance.
- MUS-03.Pr.04.2b: When analyzing selected music, read and perform rhythmic patterns and melodic phrases using iconic and standard notation.
- MUS-03.Pr.04.2c: Describe how context (such as personal and social) can inform a performance.
- MUS-03.Pr.04.3: Interpret artistic work for presentation
- MUS-03.Pr.04.3a: Demonstrate and describe how intent is conveyed through expressive qualities (such as dynamics and tempo).
- MUS-03.Pr.05: Anchor Standard 5 - Develop and refine artistic techniques and work for presentation.
- MUS-03.Pr.06: Anchor Standard 6 - Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work.?
- MUS-03.Re.07: Anchor Standard 7 - Perceive and analyze artistic work
- MUS-03.Re.07.1a: Demonstrate and describe how selected music connects to and is influenced by specific interests, experiences, or purposes.
- MUS-03.Re.07.2a: Demonstrate and describe how a response to music can be informed by the structure, the use of the elements of music, and context (such as personal and social).
- MUS-03.Re.08: Anchor Standard 8 - Interpret intent and meaning in artistic work
- MUS-03.Re.08.1a: Demonstrate and describe how the expressive qualities (such as dynamics and tempo) are used in performers' interpretations to reflect expressive intent.
- MUS-03.Re.09: Anchor Standard 9 - Apply criteria to evaluate artistic work.
- MUS-03.Re.09.1a: Evaluate musical works and performances, applying established criteria, and describe appropriateness to the context.
- MUS-03.Cn.10: Anchor Standard 10 - Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art.
- MUS-03.Cn.10.1a: Demonstrate how interests, knowledge, and skills relate to personal choices and intent when creating, performing, and responding to music.
- MUS-03.Cn.11: Anchor Standard 11 - Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural, and historical context to deepen understanding
- MUS-03.Cn.11.1a: Demonstrate understanding of relationships between music and the other arts, other disciplines, varied contexts, and daily life.