BPS Music Standards Book
K-8 General Music
Young children arrive in Seventh Grade with widely varying knowledge in ....
7th Grade General Music "I can ... statements"
MUS-07.Cr - Creating
- MUS-07.Cr.01: Anchor Standard 1 Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work
- MUS-07.Cr.01.1a: Generate rhythmic, melodic, and harmonic phrases and variations over harmonic accompaniments within AB, ABA, or theme and variation forms that convey expressive intent.
- MUS-07.Cr.02: Anchor Standard 2 Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
- MUS-07.Cr.02.1a: Select, organize, develop and document personal musical ideas for arrangements, songs, and compositions within AB, ABA, or theme and variation forms that demonstrate unity and variety and convey expressive intent.
- MUS-07.Cr.02.1b: Use standard and/or iconic notation and/or audio/ video recording to document personal simple rhythmic phrases, melodic phrases, and harmonic sequences.
- MUS-07.Cr.03: Anchor Standard 3 Evaluate, refine and complete artistic work.
- MUS-07.Cr.03.1a: Evaluate their own work, applying selected criteria such as appropriate application of elements of music including style, form, and use of sound sources.
- MUS-07.Cr.03.1b: Describe the rationale for making revisions to the music based on evaluation criteria and feedback from others (teacher and peers).
- MUS-07.Cr.03.2a: Present the final version of their documented personal composition, song, or arrangement, using craftsmanship and originality to demonstrate unity and variety, and convey expressive intent.
MUS-07.Pr - Performing
- MUS-07.Pr.04: Anchor Standard 4 Select artistic work for presentation
- MUS-07.Pr.04.1a: Apply collaboratively-developed criteria for selecting music of contrasting styles for a program with a specific purpose and/or context and, after discussion, identify expressive qualities, technical challenges, and reasons for choices.
- MUS-07.Pr.04.2a: Explain and demonstrate the structure of contrasting pieces of music selected for performance and how elements of music are used.
- MUS-07.Pr.04.2b: When analyzing selected music, read and identify by name or function standard symbols for rhythm, pitch articulation, dynamics, tempo, and form.
- MUS-07.Pr.04.2c: Identify how cultural and historical context inform performances and result in different music interpretations.
- MUS-07.Pr.04.3a: Perform contrasting pieces of music demonstrating their interpretations of the elements of music and expressive qualities (such as dynamics, tempo, timbre, articulation/style, and phrasing) convey intent.
- MUS-07.Pr.05: Anchor Standard 5 Develop and refine artistic techniques and work for presentation.
- MUS-07.Pr.05.1a: Identify and apply collaboratively-developed criteria (such as demonstrating correct interpretation of notation, technical skill of performer, originality, emotional impact, and interest) to rehearse, refine, and determine when the music is ready to perform.
- MUS-07.Pr.06: Anchor Standard 6 Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work.?
MUS-07.Re - Responding
- MUS-07.Re.07: Anchor Standard 7 Perceive and analyze artistic work
- MUS-07.Re.07.1a: Select or choose contrasting music to listen to and compare the connections to specific interests or experiences for a specific purpose.
- MUS-07.Re.07.2a: Classify and explain how the elements of music and expressive qualities relate to the structure of contrasting pieces.
- MUS-07.Re.07.2b: Identify and compare the context of music from a variety of genres, cultures, and historical periods.
- MUS-07.Re.08: Anchor Standard 8 Interpret intent and meaning in artistic work
- MUS-07.Re.08.1a: Describe a personal interpretation of contrasting works and explain how creators' and performers' application of the elements of music and expressive qualities, within genres, cultures, and historical periods, convey expressive intent.
- MUS-07.Re.09: Anchor Standard 9 Apply criteria to evaluate artistic work.
- MUS-07.Re.09.1a: Select from teacher-provided criteria to evaluate musical works or performances.
- MUS-07.Cn.10: Anchor Standard 10 Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art.
- MUS-07.Cn.10.1a: Demonstrate how interests, knowledge, and skills relate to personal choices and intent when creating, performing, and responding to music.
- MUS-07.Cn.11: Anchor Standard 11 Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural, and historical context to deepen understanding
- MUS-07.Cn.11.1a: Demonstrate understanding of relationships between music and the other arts, other disciplines, varied contexts, and daily life.