The ability to accurately recognize one's own emotions, thoughts, and values and how they influence behavior. The ability to accurately assess one's strengths and limitations, with a well-grounded sense of confidence, optimism, and a "growth mindset."
- IE Identifying Emotions
- RS Recognizing Strengths
- SCE Self-Confidences & Efficacy
- ASP Accurate Self-Perception
Students will be able to ...
- SEL-K2.S-A.1ie Recognize and accurately label emotions, and identify situations that cause those emotions.
- SEL-K2.S-A.2rs Differentiate between likes and dislikes.
- SEL-K2.S-A.3sce Accept failure and demonstrate the ability to recover from perceived failures.
- SEL-K2.S-A.4asp Identify and seek help when appropriate.
- SEL-EL.S-A.1ie Describe a variety of emotions, and understandings how emotions are linked to behavior.
- SEL-EL.S-A.2rs Describe interests to pursue and skills to develop.
- SEL-EL.S-A.3sce Develop a growth mindset for rigorous situations.
- SEL-EL.S-A.4asp Describe an activity or task in which help is needed to be successful.
- SEL-MS.S-A.1ie Distinguish different levels of emotions and explain the physical reaction to various emotions (e.g. how bodies looks and feel).
- SEL-MS.S-A.2rs Identify personal strengths and the skills required to develop those strengths.
- SEL-MS.S-A.3sce Understand the relationship between effort, attitude and achievement.
- SEL-MS.S-A.4asp Distinguish between personal feelings and how one is expected to feel in a variety of situations.
- SEL-HS.S-A.1ie Create a plan for managing a variety of emotions.
- SEL-HS.S-A.2rs Analyze perceived limitations and create a plan leveraging strengths to address limitations.
- SEL-HS.S-A.3sce Demonstrate resilience and a positive attitude for school and life.
- SEL-HS.S-A.4asp Advocate for oneself by creating 'I'-message to present personal perspective.