BPS District Social Emotional Learning Book
The ability to accurately recognize one's own emotions, thoughts, and values and how they influence behavior. Te ability to accurately assess one's strengths and limitations, with a well-grounded sense of confidence, optimism, and a "growth mindset."
- IE Identifying Emotions
- RS Recognizing Strengths
- SCE Self-Confidences & Efficacy
- ASP Accurate Self-Perception
Students will be able to ...
- SEL-K2.S-A.1ie Recognize and accurately label emotions, and identify situations that cause those emotions.
- SEL-K2.S-A.2rs Differentiate between likes and dislikes.
- SEL-K2.S-A.3sce Accept failure and demonstrate the ability to recover from perceived failures.
- SEL-K2.S-A.4asp Identify and seek help when appropriate.
- SEL-EL.S-A.1ie Describe a variety of emotions, and understandings how emotions are linked to behavior.
- SEL-EL.S-A.2rs Describe interests to pursue and skills to develop.
- SEL-EL.S-A.3sce Develop a growth mindset for rigorous situations.
- SEL-EL.S-A.4asp Describe an activity or task in which help is needed to be successful.
- SEL-MS.S-A.1ie Distinguish different levels of emotions and explain the physical reaction to various emotions (e.g. how bodies looks and feel).
- SEL-MS.S-A.2rs Identify personal strengths and the skills required to develop those strengths.
- SEL-MS.S-A.3sce Understand the relationship between effort, attitude and achievement.
- SEL-MS.S-A.4asp Distinguish between personal feelings and how one is expected to feel in a variety of situations.
- SEL-HS.S-A.1ie Create a plan for managing a variety of emotions.
- SEL-HS.S-A.2rs Analyze perceived limitations and create a plan leveraging strengths to address limitations.
- SEL-HS.S-A.3sce Demonstrate resilience and a positive attitude for school and life.
- SEL-HS.S-A.4asp Advocate for oneself by creating 'I'-message to present personal perspective.