BPS District Social Emotional Learning Book
The ability to take the perspective of and empahtize with others, including those from diverse backgrounds and cutures. The ability to understand social and ethical norms for behavior and to recognize family, school, and community resources and support.
- HS Help Seeking
- EPT Empathy & Perspective Taking
- AD Appreciating Diversity
- RFO Respect for Others
Students will be able to ...
- SEL-K2.SA.1hs Identify a trusted adult for help when needed.
- SEL-K2.SA.2ept Identify the feelings and perspectives of others.
- SEL-K2.SA.3ad Recognize and acknowledge individual differences in others.
- SEL-K2.SA.4rfo Describe positive qualities in others.
- SEL-EL.SA.1hs Demonstrate appropriate strategies to ask for help in a variety of situations.
- SEL-EL.SA.2ept Describe feelings and perspectives of others..
- SEL-EL.SA.3ad Differentiate between static and dynamic personal characteristics and accept static characteristics.
- SEL-EL.SA.4rfo Demonstrate strategies for working and playing effectively with others.
- SEL-MS.SA.1hs Identify support at home, school and community.
- SEL-MS.SA.2ept Demonstrate the ability to anticipate feelings and perspectives of others in a variety of situations.
- SEL-MS.SA.3ad Analyze how people from diverse peer groups can learn from each other.
- SEL-MS.SA.4rfo Evaluate strategies for being respectful of others and opposing stereotyping and prejudice.
- SEL-HS.SA.1hs Evaluate and utilize available resources at home, school and the community.
- SEL-HS.SA.2ept Analyze the effect of personal behavior with reference to the feelings and perspectives of others and adjust personal behavior accordingly.
- SEL-HS.SA.3ad Demonstrate strategies fore expressing understanding towards those who held different beliefs.
- SEL-HS.SA.4rfo Evluate how society and cultural norms, morals and values affect personal interactions.