BPS District Social Emotional Learning Book
The ability to make constructive choices about the personal behavior and social interactions based on ethical standards, safety concerns, and social norms. The realistic evaluation of consequences of various actions, and a consideration of the wellbeing of oneself and others.
- IP Identifying Problems
- AS Analyzing Situations
- SP Solving Problems
- E&R Evaluating & Reflecting
- ER Ethical Responsibility
Students will be able to ...
- SEL-K2.RDM.1ip Define a problem.
- SEL-K2.RDM.2as Analyze potential consequences of choices.
- SEL-K2.RDM.3sp Explain a problem solving process.
- SEL-K2.RDM.4e&r Explain the differences between safe and risky behaviors.
- SEL-K2.RDM.5er List age appropriate responsibilities at home and school.
- SEL-EL.RDM.1ip Identify problems in a variety of situations.
- SEL-EL.RDM.2as Utilize refusal skills.
- SEL-EL.RDM.3sp Apply strategies to appropriately solve problems.
- SEL-EL.RDM.4e&r Compare and contrast the potential outcomes of engaging in safe and risky behavior.
- SEL-EL.RDM.5er Demonstrate personal responsibility for decisions.
- SEL-MS.RDM.1ip Demonstrate the ability to acknowledge problems in a variety of situations.
- SEL-MS.RDM.2as Analyze factual information surrounding situation.
- SEL-MS.RDM.3sp Evaluate potential solutions to problems.
- SEL-MS.RDM.4e&r Recognize unsafe or high risk situations and utilize strategies to remove oneself.
- SEL-MS.RDM.5er Evaluate how external influences such as media, peers, and/or cultural norms influence personal behavior.
- SEL-HS.RDM.1ip Demonstrate the ability to accurately anticipate problems in a variety of situations.
- SEL-HS.RDM.2as Differentiate between emotional response and factual information surrounding situations.
- SEL-HS.RDM.3sp Create a plan to apply the most appropriate solution to problems.
- SEL-HS.RDM.4e&r Analyze how current choices affect one's future.
- SEL-HS.RDM.5er Apply moral, personal, an ethical standards when making decisions.