K-8 Grade Levels
- 3rd Grade Prioritized
In third grade, students are expected to demonstrate grade-appropriate proficiency in asking questions and defining problems; developing and using models, planning and carrying out investigations, analyzing and interpreting data, constructing explanations and designing solutions, engaging in argument from evidence, and obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information. Students are expected to use these practices to demonstrate understanding of the core ideas.
SCI-03.LS1: Life Science (LS1)
From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
- SCI-03.LS1.01 Develop models to describe that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles but all experience birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
SCI-03.LS3: Life Science (LS3)
Heredity: Inheritance and Variation of Trait
- SCI-03.LS3.02 Use evidence to support the explanation that the expression of traits can be influenced by the environment.
SCI-03.LS4: Life Science (LS4)
Biological Evolution: Unity and Diversity
- SCI-03.LS4.03 Construct an argument with evidence that in a particular habitat some organisms can survive well, some survive less well, and some cannot survive at all.
SCI-03.ESS2: Earth Science (ESS2)
- SCI-03.ESS2.01 Represent data in tables and graphical displays to describe and predict typical weather conditions expected during a particular season.
SCI-03.PS2: Physical Science (PS2)
Motion and Stability: Forces and Interactions
- SCI-03.PS2.02 Make observations and metric measurements of an object's motion to prove that a pattern can be used to predict future motion