BPS District Mathematics Standards
Math Learning Progressions
--> Expressions and Equations
MAT-06.EE Domain: [EE] Expressions and Equations
Apply and extend previous understandings of arithmetic to algebrai
- MAT-06.EE.01 Evaluate numerical expressions involving whole-number exponents
- MAT-06.EE.02 Write, Read, and evaluate expressions in which letters stand for numbe
- MAT-06.EE.03 Apply the properties of operations to generate equivalent expressions
- MAT-06.EE.04 Identify when two expressions are equivalent
Reason about and solve one-variable equations and inequalities.
- MAT-06.EE.05 Understand solving an equation as a process of answering a question
- MAT-06.EE.06 Use variables to represent numbers in solving real-world mathematical pr
- MAT-06.EE.07 Solve real-world mathematical problems by writing and solving equation
- MAT-06.EE.08 Write inequalities to represent conditions in real-world mathematical pr
Represent and analyze quantitative relationships between dependent
- MAT-06.EE.09 Use variables as quantities that change in relationship to one another
MAT-07.EE Domain: [EE] Expressions and Equations
Use properties of operations to generate equivalent expressions.
- MAT-07.EE.01 add, subtract, factor, and expand linear expressions with rational coe
- MAT-07.EE.02 Rewrite expressions in different forms to understand the problem
Solve real-life and mathematical problems using numerical and algebraic expressions and equations.
- MAT-07.EE.03 Solve real-life mathematical problems posed with + and - rational numb
- MAT-07.EE.04 Use variables and simple equations to Solve real-world mathematical problems
MAT-08.EE Domain: [EE] Expressions and Equations
Work with radicals and integer exponents.
Understand the connections between proportional relationships, lines, and linear equations.
Analyze and solve linear equations and pairs of simultaneous linear equations.