SBE Parent Information
As we continue to learn and grow within a standards-based environment, we can expect to see:
- Students as partners in their own learning.
- Students monitoring their own progress toward the achievement of learning targets.
- Learning targets that are clearly defined.
- Students understanding the expectations and purpose of each learning experience.
- Multiple opportunities and ways for students to demonstrate proficiency.
- Students who can think critically and solve real-world problems.
- All students achieving at their highest potential.
- Parents and their children discussing and monitoring progress on current learning targets.
- Parents receiving information about what their child knows and is able to do separate from behavior and work habits.
- Parents know specific content standards in which their child needs more support or more academic challenge.
- When considering college and career readiness, parents and students have a better idea of the learner’s academic strengths and weaknesses.