4th Grade SST Targeted Benchmarks
Standard 6: Human Development
SST-04.6.02 Explain the contributions of various ethnic groups (e.g., Native Americans, immigrants) to the history of North Dakota (e.g., food, traditions, languages, celebrations).
Student Learning Targets:
- I can recognize the different ethnic groups that immigrated to North Dakota and their contributions to North Dakota history.
- I can compare and contrast the contributions of Native Americans and immigrants to the history of North Dakota.
- I can classify North Dakota American Indian tribes according to how they got their food, the homes they lived in, and the geography of the region where they lived.
Skills (Performance) Targets
- I can explore the ways that different cultures contributed to North Dakota history.
- I can write a personal narrative that describes my family's cultural heritage.
In addition to a proficient score of 3.0, the student demonstrates in-depth understanding and application of knowledge regarding more complex material.
||In addition to a proficient score of 3.0, the student demonstrates in-depth understanding of knowledge on the content.
||The student lists 2 contributions from each group of cutures and how those contributions helped shape ND culture.
||-The student list 2 contributions from each group after "Creating a Class COllage Activity" from Chapter 3 of Social Studies Alive
||The student demonstrates no major errors or omissions regarding the simpler details and processes (Score 2.0 content) and partial knowledge of the more complex ideas and processes (Score 3.0 content).
||The student lists 1 contribution from each group.
||-The student lists 1 contribution from each group after the :creating a CLass Collage" activity from Chapter 3 of Social Studies Alive
||The student demonstrates partial knowledge of the simpler details and processes (Score 2.0 content) but exhibits major errors or omissions regarding the more complex ideas and procedures (Score 3.0 content).
||The student is to list 1 contribution made by another culture
||-The student lists 1 contribution from "Creating a Class Collage" activity from Chapter 3 of Social Studies Alive
||The student has limited knowledge of the content.
Elementary Social Studies
Parents Helping Students
Helping Your Child With Social Studies
Social Studies Alive Resources
4th Grade Social Studies
- Native Americans
- ethnic groups