The ability to accurately recognize one's own emotions, thoughts, and values and how they influence behavior. The ability to accurately assess one's strengths and limitations, with a well-grounded sense of confidence, optimism, and a "growth mindset."
- IE Identifying Emotions Recognize and accurately label emotions, and identify situations that cause those emotions
- RS Recognizing Strengths Differentiate between likes and dislikes.
- SCE Self-Confidences & Efficacy Accept failure and demonstrate the ability to recover from perceived failures.
- ASP Accurate Self-Perception Identify and seek help when appropriate.
I can ...
... with help, demonstrates a partial understanding of some of the simpler details and processes (Score 2.0 content) and some of the more complex ideas and processes (Score 3.0 content).
... demonstrates no major errors or omissions regarding the simpler details and processes but exhibits major errors or omissions regarding the more complex ideas and processes (Score 3.0 content).Skills:
- name emotions and feelings
- name personal emotions and feelings descriptors
- identify causes of emotions and feelings
- name likes
- name dislikes
- recognize a mistake
- recognize when help is needed
“The Standard.”... demonstrates no major errors or omissions regarding any of the information and processes that were end of instruction expectations.
- name my emotions.
- name my likes and dislikes.
- learn from my mistakes.
- recognize when I need help.
... demonstrates in-depth inferences and applications regarding more complex material that go beyond end of instruction expectations.
- also understand that my emotions and thoughts affect my behavior.
- Title of website with a URL to open in a new window