The ability to successfully regulate one's emotions, thoughts, and behaviors in different situations effectively managing stress, controlling impulses, and motivating oneself. The ability to set and work toward personal and academic goals.
- IC Impulse Control Apply self-monitoring strategies to regulate emotions.
- SM Stress Management Identify personal stressors.
- SD Self-Discipline Display consistent behaviors to meet personal responsibilities.
- S-M Self-Management Identify internal and/or external motivating factors in a variety of situations.
- GS Goal Setting Apply a goal setting process to work toward goal achievement (e.g. SMART).
- OS Organizational Skills Identify strategies for planning, prioritizing and managing time.
I can ...
... with help, demonstrates a partial understanding of some of the simpler details and processes (Score 2.0 content) and some of the more complex ideas and processes (Score 3.0 content).
... demonstrates no major errors or omissions regarding the simpler details and processes but exhibits major errors or omissions regarding the more complex ideas and processes (Score 3.0 content).Skills:
- use self-monitoring strategies
- identify stressors
- identify personal responsibilities
- identify internal motivating factors
- identify external motivating factors
- identify goals
- identify tasks needed to reach goals
- understand time management strategies
“The Standard.”... demonstrates no major errors or omissions regarding any of the information and processes that were end of instruction expectations.
- use strategies to manage my emotions and behaviors.
- understand what motivates me.
- set and work towards my goals.
- explain strategies to use my time wisely.
... demonstrates in-depth inferences and applications regarding more complex material that go beyond end of instruction expectations.
- also recognize when my stressors might affect my behavior.
- time management
- Title of website with a URL to open in a new window