BPS District Computer Science and Cybersecurity Standards Book
K-12 Grade Levels
CSC-02.TS TS Technology Systems
(NI) Network & Internet - Networks link computers and devices locally and around the world allowing people to access and communicate information.
(HS) Hardware & Software - Devices, hardware, and software work together as a system to accomplish tasks..
(T) Troubleshooting - Strategies for solving technology system problems.
- CSC-02.TS_NI.1 Explain that connecting computing devices allows information sharing.
- CSC-02.TS_T.1 Understand technology systems might not work as expected and independently use appropriate terminology to describe a problem.
CSC-02.CT CT Computational Thinking
(PSA) Problem Solving & Algorithms - Strategies for understanding and solving problems.
(DCA) Data Creation & Analysis - Data can be collected, used, and presented with computing devices or digital tools.
(DD) Development & Design - Design processes to create new, useful, and imaginative solutions to problems.
- CSC-02.CT_DCA.1 With guidance, construct and interpret data and present it in a chart or graph in order to make a prediction with or without a computing device.
- CSC-02.CT_DD.1 Independently or collaboratively create programs to accomplish tasks that include sequencing or looping.
CSC-02.IL IL Information Literacy
(A) Access - Effective search strategies can locate information for intellectual or creative pursuits.
(E) Evaluate - Information sources can be evaluated for accuracy, currency, appropriateness, and purpose.
(C) Create - It is important to both consume and produce information to be digitally literate.
(IP) Intellectual Property - Respect for the rights and obligations of using and sharing intellectual property.
- CSC-02.IL_A.1 Use a keyword search with a teacher-selected online resource. (Continued growth)
- CSC-02.IL_E.1 With guidance, determine whether the purpose of content is to inform or to influence actions.
- CSC-02.IL_C.1 Independently or collaboratively, create a digital product.
CSC-02.CS CS Computers in Society
(IC) Impacts of Computing - Past, present, and possible future impact of technology on society.
(SI) Social Interactions - Technology facilitates collaboration with others.
CSC-02.DC DC Digital Citizenship
(SE) Safety & Ethics - There are both positive and negative impacts in social and ethical behaviors for using technology.
(RU) Responsible Use - Respect and dignity in virtual communities.
(DI) Digital Identity - Responsibilities and opportunities of living, learning and working in an interconnected digital world.
- CSC-02.DC_RU.1 Explain positive and negative behaviors when using electronic communication. (CYSEC)
- CSC-02.DC_RU.2 Know and identify how to report concerns regarding online content and behaviors. (CYSEC)
- CSC-02.DC_RU.3 Develop a code of conduct, explain, and practice appropriate behavior and responsibilities while participating in an online community.
- CSC-02.DC_RU.4 Comply with Acceptable Use Policies.
- CSC-02.DC_DI.1 Define digital identity.