BPS District Computer Science and Cybersecurity Standards Book
Computer Science and Cybersecurity
CT Computation Thinking
(PSA) Problem Solving & Algorithms - Strategies for understanding and solving problems.
(DCA) Data Creation & Analysis - Data can be collected, used, and presented with computing devices or digital tools.
(DD) Development & Design - Design processes to create new, useful, and imaginative solutions to problems.
- CSC-00.CT_DCA.1 With guidance, draw conclusions and make predictions based on picture graphs or patterns with or without a computing device.
- CSC-00.CT_DD.1 With guidance, create programs to follow a sequence.
- CSC-01.CT_PSA.1 Solve a problem through trial and error using given materials/resources.
- CSC-01.CT_PSA.2 Follow a set of instructions (algorithms) in order to complete a task.
- CSC-01.CT_PSA.3 Define debug.
- CSC-01.CT_PSA.4 Identify and practice debugging strategies including 'Go back to when it worked’.
- CSC-01.CT_DCA.1 With guidance, identify and interpret data from a chart or graph in order to make a prediction with or without a computing device.
- CSC-01.CT_DD.1 With guidance, create programs to accomplish tasks that includes sequencing or looping.
- CSC-02.CT_DCA.1 With guidance, construct and interpret data and present it in a chart or graph in order to make a prediction with or without a computing device.
- CSC-02.CT_DD.1 Independently or collaboratively create programs to accomplish tasks that include sequencing or looping.
- CSC-03.CT_DCA.1 Collect and organize data in various visual formats.
- CSC-04.CT_DCA.1 Organize and present collected data visually to highlight comparisons.
- CSC-04.CT_DD.1 Independently and collaboratively create programs that use sequencing, loops, and conditionals.
- CSC-05.CT_DCA.1 Organize and present collected data to highlight comparisons and support a claim.
- CSC-06.CT_DCA.1 Collect and analyze data to support a claim.
- CSC-06.CT_DD.1 Use programs that utilize combinations of loops, conditionals, and the manipulation of variables representing different data types.
- CSC-07.CT_DCA.1 Represent data, in more than one way, to defend your claim.
- CSC-07.CT_DD.1 Modify programs that utilize combinations of loops, conditionals, and the manipulation of variables representing different data types.
- CSC-08.CT_DCA.1 Represent data from multiple sources in order to defend or refute a claim.
- CSC-08.CT_DD.1 Create programs that utilize combinations of loops, conditionals, and the manipulation of variables representing different data types.