BPS District Computer Science and Cybersecurity Standards Book
K-12 Grade Levels
CSC-09.TS TS Technology Systems
(NI) Network & Internet - Networks link computers and devices locally and around the world allowing people to access and communicate information.
(HS) Hardware & Software - Devices, hardware, and software work together as a system to accomplish tasks..
(T) Troubleshooting - Strategies for solving technology system problems.
- CSC-09.TS_T.1 Describe basic hardware and software problems using appropriate and accurate terminology.
CSC-09.CT CT Computational Thinking
(PSA) Problem Solving & Algorithms - Strategies for understanding and solving problems.
(DCA) Data Creation & Analysis - Data can be collected, used, and presented with computing devices or digital tools.
(DD) Development & Design - Design processes to create new, useful, and imaginative solutions to problems.
CSC-09.IL IL Information Literacy
(A) Access - Effective search strategies can locate information for intellectual or creative pursuits.
(E) Evaluate - Information sources can be evaluated for accuracy, currency, appropriateness, and purpose.
(C) Create - It is important to both consume and produce information to be digitally literate.
(IP) Intellectual Property - Respect for the rights and obligations of using and sharing intellectual property.
- CSC-09.IL_A.1 Plan and employ effective research strategies to locate information.
- CSC-09.IL_E.1 Evaluate the accuracy, perspective, credibility, and relevance of information, media, data, or other resources.
- CSC-09.IL_C.1 Create original works or responsibly repurpose or remix digital resources into new creations to communicate an idea.
- CSC-09.IL_IP.1 Properly use copyrighted works, works in the creative commons, and works in the public domain.
- CSC-09.IL_IP.2 Cite sources in a standard format to ethically reference the intellectual property of others.
- CSC-09.IL_IP.3 Engage in positive, safe, legal and ethical behavior when using technology.
CSC-09.CS CS Computers in Society
(IC) Impacts of Computing - Past, present, and possible future impact of technology on society.
(SI) Social Interactions - Technology facilitates collaboration with others.
CSC-09.DC DC Digital Citizenship
(SE) Safety & Ethics - There are both positive and negative impacts in social and ethical behaviors for using technology.
(RU) Responsible Use - Respect and dignity in virtual communities.
(DI) Digital Identity - Responsibilities and opportunities of living, learning and working in an interconnected digital world.
- CSC-09.DC_SE.1 Recognize the effects sharing information online can have on others' privacy. (CYSEC)
- CSC-09.DC_SE.2 Know how to modify account settings to protect privacy and security. (CYSEC)
- CSC-09.DC_SE.3 Recognize that data-collection technology can be used to track navigation online. (CYSEC)
- CSC-09.DC_SE.4 Describe ways to prevent identity theft. (CYSEC)
- CSC-09.DC_RU.1 Apply cyberbullying prevention strategies.
- CSC-09.DC_RU.2 Apply safe and ethical behaviors to personal electronic communication and interaction. (CYSEC)
- CSC-09.DC_RU.3 Use appropriate digital etiquette in a variety of situations. (Continued growth)
- CSC-09.DC_RU.4 Understand the purpose of and comply with Acceptable Use Policies.
- CSC-09.DC_DI.1 Manage a digital identity and be aware of the permanence of actions in the digital world. (CYSEC)