BPS District Social Studies Standards Book
K-12 Grade Bands
- 3rd Grade Prioritized
A high-quality Social Studies program is essential for all students. It provides a foundation for intelligent and precise thinking. Social Studies should also prepare every student to contribute to society as an informed citizen. To be a responsible and productive member of today’s society, a student needs to have a broad, connected, and useful knowledge of Social Studies.
Note: Prioritized Standards Identifiers are auto-link to popup a detailed description with Proficiency Scales and other details.
SST-03.C: Civics & Government (C)
- SST-03.C.01 Compare and contrast the responsibilities and powers of government officials at various levels and branches of government.
- SST-03.C.02 Describe the structure of government and how it functions to serve citizens/residents.
- SST-03.C.05 Describe procedures for making decisions in a variety of settings.
- SST-03.C.06 Compare and contrast personal and civic responsibilities and explain why they are important in community life.
SST-03.G: Geography (G)
- SST-03.G.01 Construct maps, graphs, and other representations of both familiar and unfamiliar places.
- SST-03.G.02 Use geographic tools and technologies to acquire, process and report information from a spatial perspectives.
SST-03.E: Economics (E)
- SST-03.E.01 Utilize fundamental principles and concepts of economics to understand economic activity.
- SST-03.E.02 Describe how goods and services are produced and distributed.
- SST-03.E.03 Identify factors that influence saving and spending choices.
- SST-03.E.04 Describe the necessity and impact of community services.
SST-03.H: History (H)
- SST-03.H.01 Compare and contrast multiple perspectives during the same time period, event, or historical period.
- SST-03.H.04 Analyze United States national holidays or days of observance and the impact on the culture of the United States.