BPS District Social Studies Standards Book
Students understand economic concepts and the characteristics of various economic systems.
SST-K_2.E Economy Domain
Exchange and Markets
- SST-00.E.01 | SST-01.E.01 | SST-02.E.01
Describe the characteristics of the American economic system.
- SST-00.E.02 | SST-01.E.02 | SST-02.E.02
Compare and contrast producers and consumers of goods and services.
- SST-00.E.03 | SST-01.E.03 | SST-02.E.03
Identify consumer decisions and the difference between needs and wants.
- SST-00.E.04 | SST-01.E.04 | SST-02.E.04
Identify how community helpers impact others.
SST-3_5.E Economy Domain
Exchange and Markets
- SST-03.E.01 | SST-04.E.01 | SST-05.E.01
Utilize fundamental principles and concepts of economics to understand economic activity.
- SST-03.E.02 | SST-04.E.02 | SST-05.E.02
Describe how goods and services are produced and distributed.
- SST-03.E.03 | SST-04.E.03 | SST-05.E.03
Identify factors that influence saving and spending choices.
- SSST-03.E.04 | SST-04.E.04 | SST-05.E.04
Describe the necessity and impact of community services.
- SST-03.E.05 | SST-04.E.05 | SST-05.E.05
Describe & analyze how North Dakota’s location, culture, and natural resources influence its economic decisions and development.
- SST-03.E.06 | SST-04.E.06 | SST-05.E.06
Compare and contrast the economic development of the geographical regions of the United States.
- SST-03.E.07 | SST-04.E.07 | SST-05.E.07
Explain how natural resources affect the economies of the geographical regions of the United States.
- SST-03.E.08 | SST-04.E.08 | SST-05.E.08
Describe how economics have changed over time.
Analyze the concept of scarcity when making economic decisions.
- SST-6_12.E.01.1 Analyze the basic concepts of economic thinking.tilize fundamental prin.
- SST-6_12.E.01.2 Describe the difference between a command/centrally planned economy and market economy.
Compare and contrast how varying economic systems impact a nation and its citizens.
- SST-6_12.E.02.1 Describe the difference between a command/centrally planned economy and market economy.
Analyze how supply and demand impact the allocation of goods and services.
- SST-6_12.E.03.1 Explain the law of supply and demand.
- SST-6_12.E.03.2 Compare and contrast perfect and imperfect competition.
- SST-6_12.E.03.3 Analyze the impact of the supply and demand on prices.
Analyze the various institutions that drive and support the market economy.
- SST-6_12.E.04.1 Explain the role of businesses and financial institutions in a market economy.
- SST-6_12.E.04.2 Evaluate the role of government in a market economy.
- SST-6_12.E.04.3 Explain the functions and role of money.
Evaluate the various macroeconomic measurements available to determine an economy's size and strength.
- SST-6_12.E.05.1 Describe various measurements of macroeconomics.
Analyze how globalization has impacted various aspects of economies around the world.
- SST-6_12.E.06.1 Describe how trade generates economic development and interdependence.
- SST-6_12.E.06.2 Analyze the benefits and costs for individuals, producers, and governments in international trade.
Evaluate the elements of responsible personal finance.
- SST-6_12.E.07.1 Evaluate career choices and the effect on the standard of living.
- SST-6_12.E.07.2 Evaluate the effect of taxes and other factors on income.
- SST-6_12.E.07.3 Develop short- and long-term financial goals.
- SST-6_12.E.07.4 Analyze the cost and benefits of different types of credit and debt; and the rights and responsibilities of borrowers.
- SST-6_12.E.07.5 Develop strategies to avoid and manage debt effectively.