BPS District Social Studies Standards Book
HS Behavioral Sciences
Behavioral Sciences Standards
SST-HS.PSY Psychology Standards
- SST-HS.PSY.A1 Utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills to develop an understanding of psychology.
- SST-HS.PSY.A2 Practically apply concepts of psychology.
- SST-HS.PSY.A3 Analyze how topics evolve and research develops as discoveries occur.
- SST-HS.PSY.D4.1 Describe the interaction between hereditary v. environment
- SST-HS.PSY.D4.2 Explain the theories of cognitive, moral, and social development
- SST-HS.PSY.D4.3 Trace the physical, cognitive, and social development of the lifespan
- SST-HS.PSY.D4.4 Describe the principles of classical and operant conditioning
- SST-HS.PSY.D4.5 Apply observational and cognitive learning to everyday life
- SST-HS.PSY.D8.1 Describe how group dynamics influence behavior
- SST-HS.PSY.D8.2 Describe how society influences an individual's behavior
- SST-HS.PSY.D8.3 Explain the nature and effects of stereotyping, prejudice, discrimination, and racism
- SST-HS.SOC.A1 Utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills to develop an understanding of different perspectives of sociology.
- SST-HS.SOC.A2 Practically apply concepts of sociology.
- SST-HS.SOC.D4.1 Explain common patterns of social inequality and the impact on groups.
- SST-HS.SOC.D4.2 Explain how racism, sexism, and ageism have evolved over time.
- SST-HS.SOC.D4.3 Explain the relationship between social institutions and inequality.
- SST-HS.SOC.D4.4 Explain individual, group, and social responses to inequality.