Book for Persuasion (Book)
Essential Questions and "I Can" Statements
Essential question: What persuasion techniques are the most effective in persuading both readers and listeners?
ELA-10.3.2 Defend a personal opinion using facts as support
- I can choose a position in an argument.
- I can identify the two sides of an argument.
- I can use logic to defend an opinion.
- I can formulate an argument.
- I can present a written or oral argument.
ELA-10.3.10 Use a specific point of view in compositions
- I can recognize different points of view.
- I can differentiate between first-person and third-person point of view.
- I can write in third-person point of view.
Essential question: How can I edit and revise my persuasive essay so it best informs and persuades the reader?
ELA-10.3.11 Edit and revise compositions with attention to content
- I can find errors in a composition
- I can revise a composition for errors in grammar and the 6+1 traits.
- I can write in a way that is clear and understandable.