Earth's Minerals (Book)
+ Lesson Summary
- You can identify a mineral by its appearance and other properties.
- The color and luster describe the appearance of a mineral, and streak describes the color of the powdered mineral.
- Each mineral has a characteristic density.
- Mohs Hardness Scale is used to compare the hardness of minerals.
- The way a mineral cleaves or fractures depends on the crystal structure of the mineral.
- Some minerals have special properties that can be used to help identify the mineral.