Encore Standards

Encore Standards

by David Sherwin -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Mentor

Encore Standards

Thursday Oct 25 was a work session for two subject a-like course to start their PLC work in the Student Moodle. This was the first elective courses to start the process of creating a standards-based blended learning curriculum. The first step is the prerequisite work of converting the PLC Moodle wiki “I can…statements” into Student Moodle Global Glossary Terms.

The deconstruction phase of the KRSP process of the prioritized standards / benchmarks was done in the PLC Moodle wiki, because of the collaborative nature of wikis and the ability to track historical changes. The rationale for converting those completed “I can…statements” into the Student Moodle Master Courses’ Global Glossaries is the benefit of using auto-linking to display those “I can…statements” throughout the entire Student Moodle without having to retype the  statements. That way when Master Courses are created, you simply need to enter only the Standard/Benchmark Identifier (eg. FCS-10.2.3 or PED-09.2.03) to access those “I can…statements” created for that standard.

So check out the work that these groups did on Thursday and see if there is some potential for other courses that are needing to get their standards in the Student Moodle.

Family and Consumer Science

Physical Education