SoA Social Awareness
The ability to take the perspective of and empathize with others, including those from diverse backgrounds and cultures. The ability to understand social and ethical norms for behavior and to recognize family, school, and community resources and support.
- HS Help Seeking Identify a trusted adult for help when needed.
- EPT Empathy & Perspective Taking Identify the feelings and perspectives of others.
- AD Appreciating Diversity Recognize and acknowledge individual differences in others.
- RFO Respect for Others Describe positive qualities in others.
I can ...
... with help, demonstrates a partial understanding of some of the simpler details and processes (Score 2.0 content) and some of the more complex ideas and processes (Score 3.0 content).
... demonstrates no major errors or omissions regarding the simpler details and processes but exhibits major errors or omissions regarding the more complex ideas and processes (Score 3.0 content).Skills:
- define trusted adults
- name emotions and feelings
- name emotions and feelings of others
- list similarities and differences between
- self and others
“The Standard.”... demonstrates no major errors or omissions regarding any of the information and processes that were end of instruction expectations.
- name trusted adults.
- understand the feelings and perspectives of others.
- accept others who are different than me.
- say positive things about others.
... demonstrates in-depth inferences and applications regarding more complex material that go beyond end of instruction expectations.
- also understand how the feelings and perspectives of others affect my feelings and behaviors.
- Title of website with a URL to open in a new window