Health Grade Levels
K-2 Grade Level
Standard 1: Growth and Development
HTL-K2.s1 Understand concepts related to human growth and development, health promotion, disease prevention.
- HTL-K2.s1.01: Identify how health behaviors affect mental, emotional, physical and social health.
- HTL-K2.s1.02: Recognize that there are multiple dimensions of health.
- HTL-K2.s1.03: Describe ways to prevent contagious diseases.
- HTL-K2.s1.04: Identify ways to prevent common childhood injuries.
- HTL-K2.s1.05: Describe why it is important to seek health care.
- HTL-K2.s1.06: Explain how responsibility changes as we grow older
Standard 2: Health Influences
HTL-K2.s2 Analyze the influence of family, peers, culture, media, technology, and other factors on health behaviors.
- HTL-K2.s2.01: Identify how family influences personal health behaviors
- HTL-K2.s2.02: Identify what the school can do to support personal health behaviors.
- HTL-K2.s2.03: Describe how the media and technology can influence health behaviors
Standard 3: Access Health Information
HTL-K2.s3 Demonstrate the ability to access valid health information, products and services.
- HTL-K2.s3.01: Identify trusted adults and professionals who can help promote health.
- HTL-K2.s3.02: Identify ways to locate school and community health helpers.
Standard 4: Communication Skills
HTL-K2.s4 Demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal communication skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce health risks.
- HTL-K2.s4.01: Demonstrate healthy ways to express needs, wants, feelings and emotions.
- HTL-K2.s4.02: Demonstrate listening skills to enhance health.
- HTL-K2.s4.03: Demonstrate ways to respond when in an unwanted, threatening or dangerous situation.
- HTL-K2.s4.04: Demonstrate ways to tell a trusted adult if threatened or harmed.
Standard 5: Decision Making
HTL-K2.s5 Demonstrate the ability to use decision making skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce health risks.
- HTL-K2.s5.01: Identify situations when a health-related decision is needed.
- HTL-K2.s5.02: Differentiate between situations when a health-related decision can be made individually or when assistance is needed.
Standard 6: Goal Setting
HTL-K2.s6 Demonstrate the ability to use goal setting skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce risks.
- HTL-K2.s6.01: Identify a short-term personal health goal and take action toward achieving the goal.
- HTL-K2.s6.02: Identify who can help when assistance is needed to achieve a personal health goal.
Standard 7: Health Practices
HTL-K2.s7 Demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and avoid or reduce health risks.
- HTL-K2.s7.01: Demonstrate healthy practices and behaviors to maintain or improve personal health.
- HTL-K2.s7.02: Demonstrate behaviors that avoid or reduce health risks.
Standard 8: Health Advocacy
HTL-K2.s8 Demonstrate the ability to advocate for personal, family, and community health