Health Grade Levels
Standard 1: Growth and Development
HTL-06.s1 Understand concepts related to human growth and development, health promotion, disease prevention.
- HTL-06.s1.01: Analyze the relationship between health behaviors and personal health.
- HTL-06.s1.02: Identify examples of mental, emotional, physical, and social health.
- HTL-06.s1.03: Describe how the environment can promote personal health.
- HTL-06.s1.04: Describe how family history can affect personal health.
- HTL-06.s1.05: Identify adolescent health problems.
- HTL-06.s1.06: Explain how appropriate health care can promote personal health.
- HTL-06.s1.07: Describe the benefits of and barriers to practicing health enhancing behaviors.
- HTL-06.s1.08: Examine the likelihood of injury or illness if engaging in unhealthy behaviors.
- HTL-06.s1.09: Explain mental, emotional, physical and social changes that occur during adolescence.
- HTL-06.s1.10: Define abstinence in relation to health behaviors.
Standard 2: Health Influences
HTL-06.s2 Analyze the influence of family, peers, culture, media, technology, and other factors on health behaviors.
- HTL-06.s2.01: Describe how family influences health in positive and negative ways.
- HTL-06.s2.02: Describe how culture, personal values, and beliefs support and challenge health practices and behaviors
- HTL-06.s2.03: Identify how peers influence health behaviors
- HTL-06.s2.04: Identify risk behaviors that can lead to future unhealthy behaviors.
- HTL-06.s2.05: Explain how messages from media and technology influence health behaviors.
Standard 3: Access Health Information
HTL-06.s3 Demonstrate the ability to access valid health information, products and services.
- HTL-06.s3.01: Describe the validity of health information, products, and services
- HTL-06.s3.02: Access valid health information from home, school, and community.
- HTL-06.s3.03: Identify situations that may require professional health services.
Standard 4: Communication Skills
HTL-06.s4 Demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal communication skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce health risks.
- HTL-06.s4.01: Demonstrate effective verbal and nonverbal communication skills to enhance health.
- HTL-06.s4.02: Demonstrate refusal skills to avoid or reduce health risks
- HTL-06.s4.03: Demonstrate negotiation skills to avoid or reduce health risks
- HTL-06.s4.04: Demonstrate effective conflict management or resolution strategies.
- HTL-06.s4.05: Demonstrate how to ask for assistance to enhance the health of self and others.
Standard 5: Decision Making
HTL-06.s5 Demonstrate the ability to use decision making skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce health risks.
- HTL-06.s5.01: Determine when health-related situations require the application of a thoughtful decision-making process.
- HTL-06.s5.02: Identify circumstances that can help or hinder healthy decision making.
- HTL-06.s5.03: Identify when individual or collaborative decision making is appropriate.
- HTL-06.s5.04: Identify healthy and unhealthy alternatives to health-related issues or problems.
- HTL-06.s5.05: Predict the potential outcomes of healthy and unhealthy decisions on self and others.
- HTL-06.s5.06: Choose healthy alternatives over unhealthy alternatives when making a decision.
- HTL-06.s5.07: Analyze the outcome of a health-related decision.
Standard 6: Goal Setting
HTL-06.s6 Demonstrate the ability to use goal setting skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce risks.
- HTL-06.s6.01: Assess personal health practices.
- HTL-06.s6.02: Develop a goal to adopt, maintain, or improve a personal health practice.
- HTL-06.s6.03: Identify strategies and skills needed to attain a personal health goal.
Standard 7: Health Practices
HTL-06.s7 Demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and avoid or reduce health risks.
- HTL-06.s7.01: Identify the importance of assuming responsibility for personal health behaviors.
- HTL-06.s7.02: Demonstrate health behaviors that will maintain or improve the health of self and others.
- HTL-06.s7.03: Demonstrate health behaviors to avoid or reduce health risks to self and others.
Standard 8: Health Advocacy
HTL-06.s8 Demonstrate the ability to advocate for personal, family, and community health
- HTL-06.s8.01: Construct a health enhancing position on a topic and support it with accurate information.
- HTL-06.s8.02: Demonstrate how to influence and support others to make positive health choices.