BPS District Computer Science and Cybersecurity Standards Book
K-12 Grade Levels
CSC-04.TS TS Technology Systems
(NI) Network & Internet - Networks link computers and devices locally and around the world allowing people to access and communicate information.
(HS) Hardware & Software - Devices, hardware, and software work together as a system to accomplish tasks..
(T) Troubleshooting - Strategies for solving technology system problems.
- CSC-04.TS_NI.1 Recognize that computing devices can be connected in a variety of ways to share information.
- CSC-04.TS_T.1 With guidance, apply basic troubleshooting strategies. (Continued growth)
CSC-04.CT CT Computational Thinking
(PSA) Problem Solving & Algorithms - Strategies for understanding and solving problems.
(DCA) Data Creation & Analysis - Data can be collected, used, and presented with computing devices or digital tools.
(DD) Development & Design - Design processes to create new, useful, and imaginative solutions to problems.
- CSC-04.CT_DCA.1 Organize and present collected data visually to highlight comparisons.
- CSC-04.CT_DD.1 Independently and collaboratively create programs that use sequencing, loops, and conditionals.
CSC-04.IL IL Information Literacy
(A) Access - Effective search strategies can locate information for intellectual or creative pursuits.
(E) Evaluate - Information sources can be evaluated for accuracy, currency, appropriateness, and purpose.
(C) Create - It is important to both consume and produce information to be digitally literate.
(IP) Intellectual Property - Respect for the rights and obligations of using and sharing intellectual property.
- CSC-04.IL_A.1 Use multiple teacher-selected online resources to locate information.
- CSC-04.IL_E.1 With guidance, use a strategy to evaluate information for research purposes.
- CSC-04.IL_C.1 Independently or collaboratively, create a digital product. (Continued growth)
CSC-04.CS CS Computers in Society
(IC) Impacts of Computing - Past, present, and possible future impact of technology on society.
(SI) Social Interactions - Technology facilitates collaboration with others.
CSC-04.DC DC Digital Citizenship
(SE) Safety & Ethics - There are both positive and negative impacts in social and ethical behaviors for using technology.
(RU) Responsible Use - Respect and dignity in virtual communities.
(DI) Digital Identity - Responsibilities and opportunities of living, learning and working in an interconnected digital world.
- CSC-04.DC_SE.1 Identify and explain issues related to responsible use of technology and information, and describe personal consequences of inappropriate use. (CYSEC)
- CSC-04.DC_SE.2 Create secure authentication to insure privacy. (CYSEC)
- CSC-04.DC_SE.3 Recognize that data-collection technology can be used to track navigation online. (CYSEC) (Continued growth)
- CSC-04.DC_SE.4 Recognize when it is safe to share private information online. (CYSEC)
- CSC-04.DC_RU.1 Discuss basic issues related to the appropriate use of technology and information, and the consequences of inappropriate use.
- CSC-04.DC_RU.2 Identify strategies for dealing responsibly with cyberbullying and reporting inappropriate behavior.
- CSC-04.DC_RU.3 Develop a code of conduct, explain, and practice appropriate behavior and responsibilities while participating in an online community. (Continued growth)
- CSC-04.DC_RU.4 Comply with Acceptable Use Policies.
- CSC-04.DC_DI.1 Explain the importance of your digital identity.