Google Forms

Google Forms

by BPS Facilitator -
Number of replies: 6

After completing the (Google Forms as an Assessment) Google Form, please share your ideas on when you might use something like this in your own class.

• What use would something like this have for teachers and students?
  • How might an environment like this improve or supplement your feedback practices?
  • How would you use data from this type of assessment?

Please feel free to reply to others.

Return to STEP 3: Digital Assessment Discussion

In reply to BPS Facilitator

Re: Google Forms

by Debra Steffeck -

I have used Google forms but am still working through some of the logistics.  It is a definite checkpoint to for flexible groupings and short formatives as well.  

by Debra Steffeck -

Students are able to see charts of the overall team to see their class vs entire 6th grade team,  Visibility for them and myself.  

by Kendall Bergrud -

Google forms in the classroom can be very useful for a variety of different things in the classroom.  One of the ways is to be used for assessment in all content areas.  Also, it is a great way to use a checkpoint to see student learning.  Lastly, a great way to do this would be to use it for students to visually see the data and how to change things.  It is a great way for teachers to increase teacher feedback to students.  

by Julie Ward -

Students would be able to see their results immediately.  Google Forms would give a teacher an immediate indication as to what students previously know about a subject and/or what they are retaining from the material being taught.  I think students would find this engaging and exciting to see what their classmates think when the class is polled on a topic.  I, also, believe that students may be a little more cautious with their answers before submitting them at the end.

by Rebecca Hafner -

I think that a google form could be used as an exit slip.  It could give the teacher a good idea in just a few questions what each student is understanding before they leave the class.

It could also be used for a reflection or survey at the end of a project or unit as feedback on student learning and enjoyment of a project.

This is a great substitute for a paper/pencil form.