Deferred Feedback

Deferred Feedback

by BPS Facilitator -
Number of replies: 5

After completing the (Deferred Feedback) Quiz, please share your ideas on when you might use something like this in your own class.  

• How might asynchronous access to this type of assessment add value to your teaching?
  • What types of applications beyond "traditional testing" might this have?
  • How might you use the Data from this type of Assessment?

Please feel free to reply to others.

Return to STEP 3: Digital Assessment Discussion

In reply to BPS Facilitator

Re: Deferred Feedback

by Katie Parker-Riccio -

I feel this might be a good way to measure what students know and build confidence after using other methods such as immediate feedback and multiple tries. This might be good to use during summative and summative practice. This also might be good to use for a pre-test when you are just gathering knowledge. If you find out students are already competent with a concept, you can move more quickly through that concept. 

In reply to Katie Parker-Riccio

by Pamela Vukelic -

I like the idea of using this as a pre-test with the potential of moving through particular topics more quickly.

by Pamela Vukelic -

Asynchronous access is the norm in my "classroom." It is something the students value as it affords them independence. One challenge is that it also may give the students the opportunity to easily share answers. If this results in discussion, even arguments, between the students it is an enhancement to the learning process. 

by Gina Phillips -

I like the idea of using this quiz type as a pre-test or baseline. It is quick, you simply want a snapshot of what they know at that time. It seems like a good way to gather formative data.

by Tiffany Fitzgerald -

Looking at all the different possibilities of how to create these quizzes, I feel that the Deferred would be great for a summative.  The Immediate feedback, Interactive, and Adaptive seem better suited to be used as formatives so they can learn from their mistakes and acquire the correct answer through some trial and error.  The CBM I think could be used for both formative and summative.  I really like the component of how certain they are on the answer.  This also helps in their reflection process.