The Career Ready Practices provide a framework for the developmental experiences necessary to becoming career ready; experiences that can be “practiced” using many different approaches in a variety of settings. Student refine these practices throughout their full continuum of learning: through their journey in school, college, the workforce and when they return to advance their education.
Each Career Ready Practice includes an overarching statement along with a more detailed description each with their own CRP Proficiency Scales. Below are the 12 overarching statements:
- Act as a responsible and contributing citizen and employee.
- Apply appropriate academic and technical skills.
- Attend to personal health and financial well-being.
- Communicate clearly and effectively and with reason.
- Consider the environmental, social and economic impacts of decisions.
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation.
- Employ valid and reliable research strategies.
- Utilize critical thinking to make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Model integrity, ethical leadership and effective management.
- Plan education and career paths aligned to personal goals.
- Use technology to enhance productivity.
- Work productively in teams while using cultural global competence.