Immediate Feedback

Immediate Feedback

by BPS Facilitator -
Number of replies: 5

After completing the (Immediate Feedback) Quiz, please share your ideas on when you might use something like this in your own class.  

• How might this setting be used differently from the "Deferred Feedback" setting? What use would it have to teachers and students?
  • How might an environment like this improve or supplement your current feedback practices?
  • How would you use the Data from this type of Assessment?

Please feel free to reply to others.

Return to STEP 3: Digital Assessment Discussion

In reply to BPS Facilitator

Re: Immediate Feedback

by Katie Parker-Riccio -

I feel this type of feedback would be beneficial during the unit before the summative assessment. Then students will have the ability to gauge which concepts they need more work on before the summative. I feel this would improve my environment drastically as students would have more control and quicker notifications as to what they need to work on. This would help drive my teaching because I could see what concepts students were struggling with. 

by Pamela Vukelic -

This could be used when students are working on individual topics with information ultimately to be shared with their peers. It would help me know that the information the students are about to share is accurate. 

by Tiffany Fitzgerald -

Looking at all the different possibilities of how to create these quizzes, I feel that the Deferred would be great for a summative.  The Immediate feedback, Interactive, and Adaptive seem better suited to be used as formatives so they can learn from their mistakes and acquire the correct answer through some trial and error.  The CBM I think could be used for both formative and summative.  I really like the component of how certain they are on the answer.  This also helps in their reflection process.

by Rebecca Hafner -

I think that immediate is important as the unit of study is going.  While deferred feedback would be useful as a summative.  While the learning is happening, I think it is extra important that feedback is timely.  If a teacher could ensure immediate feedback, they could meet the needs of student learning right away, correct misconceptions, and really focus in on the areas where students are still lacking the needed skills.

by Christy Heiple -

I like how this quiz gave immediate feedback so I could see what I did incorrectly. This allowed me to see the correct answer so that I would know if for the next time. This is great for formative assessment. The benefit of this is that it would allow the student to see their mistakes immediately instead of waiting for the teacher to grade it and return the assessment which could take a few days.