Interactive Quiz

Interactive Quiz

by BPS Facilitator -
Number of replies: 7

After completing the (Interactive with Multiple Tries Feedback) Quiz, please share your ideas on when you might use something like this in your own class.

• How might this setting be used differently from the "Deferred and Immediate Feedback" setting?
  • What use would it have to teachers and students?
  • How might an environment like this improve or supplement your current feedback practices?
  • How would you use the Data from this type of Assessment?

Please feel free to reply to others.

Return to STEP 3: Digital Assessment Discussion

In reply to BPS Facilitator

Re: Interactive Quiz

by Katie Parker-Riccio -

I feel this would also be helpful in helping students self monitor where there struggles are. Then they have more opportunities to see where they're at. It would also help me monitor what concepts I need to give more attention too. I like how it would provide feedback within the practice and the student could use the information to retry the concept again. 

by Pamela Vukelic -

This is a useful tool for formative assessment. The teacher can assess the level of comprehension of a particular topic and determine where re-teaching might be needed. 

by Stephen Townsend -

All the quiz functions of Moodle are really neat and should be a part of initial training for all BPS staff.  

by Gina Phillips -

i really liked that outside resources could be linked to the feedback to help students get their thinking aligned and determine the correct answer. I also think it'd be useful to provide reinforcing feedback when students get the correct answer.

by Tiffany Fitzgerald -

Looking at all the different possibilities of how to create these quizzes, I feel that the Deferred would be great for a summative.  The Immediate feedback, Interactive, and Adaptive seem better suited to be used as formatives so they can learn from their mistakes and acquire the correct answer through some trial and error.  The CBM I think could be used for both formative and summative.  I really like the component of how certain they are on the answer.  This also helps in their reflection process.

by Rebecca Hafner -

This could be used toward the beginning of a unit of study.  It seems that a student needs to have very little knowledge of the subject to complete the quiz.  I think it would be powerful learning experience to have helpful links, interactive websites, etc. that students would be directed to if they solve a question incorrectly.  THat way, if they do not know the answer immediately, they can learn it and come back to the response.

I think this would give the teacher a good indication of where they need to with the teaching of skills.  If a student needs a lot of interactive help with the quiz, the teacher could plan accordingly.  So, perhaps it would work out as a more formative assessment.