Adaptive Quiz

Adaptive Quiz

by BPS Facilitator -
Number of replies: 5

After completing the (Adaptive) Quiz, please share your ideas on when you might use something like this in your own class.

• How might this setting be used differently from the "Deferred, Immediate, or Interactive Feedback" settings?

• What use would it have to teachers and students?

• How would you use the Data from this type of Assessment?

Please feel free to reply to others.

Return to STEP 3: Digital Assessment Discussion

In reply to BPS Facilitator

Re: Adaptive Quiz

by Katie Parker-Riccio -

I can definitely see this being used at many different points. It could be used as a modification. It could be used throughout the until to help gauge progress. I could use the data to drive which concepts need to be reinforced. 

by Tiffany Fitzgerald -

Looking at all the different possibilities of how to create these quizzes, I feel that the Deferred would be great for a summative.  The Immediate feedback, Interactive, and Adaptive seem better suited to be used as formatives so they can learn from their mistakes and acquire the correct answer through some trial and error.  The CBM I think could be used for both formative and summative.  I really like the component of how certain they are on the answer.  This also helps in their reflection process.

by Rebecca Hafner -

I think an adaptive quiz might work well for rotations in math workshop.  As students are learning new concepts, they could work with a partner and together complete an adaptive quiz.  They would be able to work through it with partner, and would get several tries to get to the correct answer.  Between the partner group, they would be able to talk through each time they get a problem wrong and try to improve their answer before they run out of turns.